Adventures in Downrange Dentistry

"My tooth is in the process of crumbling." Definitely not news that I wanted to hear, as a wife or a dentist! But alas, that was the first line of M.'s e-mail to me on Tuesday. Anyway, at that time, he went on to say, "My tooth is my main priority right now. It wiggles when my tongue or lips touch it and I talk like I'm retarded. I look retarded 'cause my upper lip is curled up to keep from touching it. Talking is really difficult right now." Most distressing of all? His prediction that he'd "probably be looking like the MAD Magazine guy in the next 24hrs." So, it was a huge relief when I was able to talk to M. tonight and found out that in between Tuesday and tonight, he was able to get back in with the dentists downrange and now has a pain-free, not-half-bad-looking temporary replacement for his failed crown. So, thankfully, we didn't have to go to Plan B, which involved me begging for supplies to ship downrange for M.'s doctors to take care of him. And to M.'s relief, he didn't wind up looking like Alfred P. Neumann after all! Anyway, tooth issue settled for now, they are still waiting to get fully settled...it's going to be a few more days during which they anticipate losing internet service for possibly a 48 hours or more. I think he's also looking forward to having just one roommate soon, instead of the three he's currently sharing space with. He says that his alone time has pretty much consisted of putting on headphones and plugging them into the laptop to watch a movie or listen to music. But hopefully they'll be getting some more space to spread out their stuff soon...

1 Comments:
I love the picture! No BDU's, though, so we're safe in not identifying M. quite yet!
Post a Comment
<< Home