Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Fun with inadequate personal space...

So, privacy is one of those things that you probably aren't going to be getting too much of during a deployment. It's apparently pretty close quarters: lots of people all sharing the same living space is just a fact of life. But, there are the occasional opportunities to be alone. For instance, M. can usually find a quiet corner to make a phone call home, and hey, you can always get some time alone in the bathroom, right? Well, maybe...this e-mail received from M. on Sunday morning had me laughing so hard that I almost spit diet Coke all over the keyboard of my computer. Fortunately, I collected myself long enough to e-mail M. back and get permission to share the following anecdote. Here goes: M. writes, "I don’t think I’ve told you about our deaf house cleaner. First off, he’s deaf. Second, his only vocal communication is grunting. Third, he looks like a 1950’s greaser. And fourth, he makes our house smell like a hospital. Oh and fifth, he comes here on Sunday morning when some of us are still sleeping. Sixth, we have to have someone watching him at all times too. Personally, I don’t like him." And to top it off? "He walked in on me this morning when I had my pants down in the bathroom." What? Oh geez: how did that happen? M. says, "I thought I had the door locked but apparently I didn’t. Deaf Guy knocks on the door, I say 'WHAT!' (to let whoever know that someone was in the bathroom), but deaf guy can’t hear that so he opens up the door. So there I am, practically naked because I had my shirt off (I was getting ready for [the] shower) and my shorts down at my ankles. That was a fun moment." Oh geez...better luck next time, M.!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least, the housecleaner won't be telling anyone about HIS experience!

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great.
So many places to go with this story............

Reminds me when I was mad at M. because he said he had eaten all the hotdogs............in his sleep. He comes to and can't understand why I'm mad.

Then we both have a good laugh (that's the way I remember it at least).

But then again, it doesn't exactly compare to gettin walked in on naked by a deaf housekeeper who looks like Daryl from "The Outsiders" and smells like a hospital.

It seems I'm just wasting EVERYONE's time now..

Stage Right.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This website is privately operated and is designed to provide personal information, views and commentary about the author's experiences in Iraq and elsewhere. The images depicted and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and contributors and not those of any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, or the United States Army Reserve. The site is not designed, authorized, sanctioned, or affiliated, by or with, any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, or the United States Army Reserve. Users accept and agree to this disclaimer in the use of any information accessed in this website. partypoker
slots