Sunday, December 04, 2005

Illustrating the Point: Thanks, AKO!

Okay, courtesy of a whopping phone bill from Deutsche Telekom, M. and I began to reinvestigate our, um, options for communicating back and forth. We briefly considered stringing a couple of soup cans together, but fortunately, we discovered instant messaging instead! I'm new to the whole concept, but so far so good. As an added bonus, there are all sorts of handy icons provided by Army Knowledge Online for use in illustrating the messages. Sure, there are icons that you would expect...a smiley face, a heart, the "thumbs up" sign: the usual stuff, and I'm pretty sure that I could potentially work each and every one of those into a conversation at some point. But, seriously, the hamburger icon? Exactly how am I supposed to work an icon of a hamburger into a conversation? Oh, wait: there's more! The coup-de-grace is the icon of a teeny-tiny can of Red Bull. Red Bull? Really, now, that I have no idea how to use. Now, if only there was a flamingo icon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This website is privately operated and is designed to provide personal information, views and commentary about the author's experiences in Iraq and elsewhere. The images depicted and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and contributors and not those of any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, or the United States Army Reserve. The site is not designed, authorized, sanctioned, or affiliated, by or with, any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, or the United States Army Reserve. Users accept and agree to this disclaimer in the use of any information accessed in this website. partypoker
slots