Mustafa-watch
Okay, in case you're wondering what was happening today in Iraq, I can tell you about one of the things that occupied some serious time today! Apparently, SSG I. took it upon himself to try to communicate to the deaf housecleaner, Mustafa, that they do not want him to come in on Sundays. (To find out why, click here.) So, I'm asking M. how exactly SSG I. was able to do this, given that Mustafa doesn't speak English, and is, well, deaf...M. says, "Sign language!" Oy. According to M., SSG I. is pointing at the calendar, and doing some sort of sign language to get across to Mustafa that Sundays are a no-no for early morning housecleaning. So I ask M., exactly how do you get that across to a Pakistani in sign language? M. says, "Easy: SSG I would point to Monday and the other days of the week and be like, 'O.K.', and then he'd point at Sunday and punch his upturned palm with a fist." I asked if he got the feeling that Mustafa go the message from that whole demonstration. M. says, "Well, yeah, I guess we're going to find out tomorrow!" Until tomorrow, then!

2 Comments:
Kind of hard for deaf people, but generally, if they don't speak your language... Speak louder! <;-)
What about pointing to a clendar, with x's on the Sundays?
OR,
Make a point to keep the area really gneiss during the week, and then trash it on Saturday night.
Maybe pee in the corner.
Or just lock the doors on Sundays.
Or play Dan Fogelberg's greatest hits at an ear deafening sound on Sun.......Scratch that.
May scatter a case of schweingulash every Saturday night.
Post a Comment
<< Home