My bags are packed and I'm ready to go...
M. stayed late at work today, so when I called, there were several of the guys from his unit (including his commander, first sergeant and his roommate, Chief) listening as he inadvertently said, "Hey honey!" when he answered the phone. And it turns out that that one greeting was ALL the encouragement his office-mates needed to really turn up the charm! I could hear all of them in the background, yelling (mostly for my benefit, I'm guessing!) "Hey honey!" and "I loooove you!" And you know, the harder M. tried to get off the phone, the more obnoxious his coworkers got....I was laughing too hard to be much help in actually getting him off the phone! Anyway, it's nice that they've been consistent in giving him a hard time...right up until he goes on leave. I guess that's the price we pay for having known all of them before we were married, through the engagement up until now...the seemingly endless teasing! So, the reason he was still in the office tonight with everyone else? They were making sure he had all of the information he needs before embarking on his travels. So, even though I don't know exactly when (or where) M.'s travels will take him first, it looks like the time to leave is getting close and I'm looking forward to being here to meet him as he arrives in Germany, whenever that is. So, godspeed, M.! And I will see you soon...

1 Comments:
We're counting down with you all the way...love to you both...and Happy Valentine's Day!
Post a Comment
<< Home