Re-united and it feels so goood....
Aaaaah: M. and his duffel bag, reunited at last! (And only three days later Sheesh!) Anyway, M. and SGT C. have their own clothing and toiletries again and are working hard on whatever it is that they do (shh! super secret business, I'm sure!) Just kidding: I'll actually spare you the details of exactly what they're doing and sum it up by saying that they're handling some administrative details. Anyway, their schedule today has some much-needed downtime built into it, due to the schedules of some of the folks they're currently working with. So, to pass the time, they visited the pool. ("Yes! There's a pool here!") Which is good: M. says that it's even warmer in Kuwait than Iraq because of the increased humidity due to Kuwait's close proximity to the ocean. Basically, M.'s assessment was that being in Kuwait is a little bit like being on R&R with slightly more freedom and a few more recreational opportunities, which is not a bad thing, given that they've been working non-stop for months on end. At any rate, he's hoping to be back in Bagdhad by sometime later this week, but obviously, plans are subject to change, and change often. He's doing well, though, and looking forward to coming home. And I can tell, because one evening on the phone, I asked, "What are you going to do tonight?" and without missing a beat, he said, "I'm going to Applebee's and then I'm going to take a bubble bath. You?" Ah, that M.! Still got his sense of humor! (Er, and just for clarification...there isn't really an Applebee's in Iraq...nor do they have opportunities to take bubble baths.) But it won't be long before he'll be back, and it may not be Applebee's, but I'm sure we can find him some TGI Friday's somewhere around here...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home