Sunday, September 10, 2006

Countin' Down

I'm starting to feel like I should rename this blog the Post-boxian Adventures: seems like I'm writing about these days is the state of the mail! Okay, so that may be a bit of an overstatement, but trust me, I am currently about to jump out of my skin with excitement that M. is finishing his last few weeks in the desert and will (with luck) be home without much further ado. Ahem, so were I not limiting myself and talking about the wonders of the US Postal Service, you, the dear readers of the Sandboxian Adventures might be subjected to the excitement-fest that is me shouting from the rooftops that he's theeeees close to starting the long journey home. And trust me, it isn't pretty-me shouting from every available rooftop-so I'll spare you and get back to the subject of the mail! While M. was away, his unit up here has moved, too. So while he can no longer receive mail in Iraq, he has now received his new address here in Germany. We aren't even sure how long he'll be using that address as many exciting things are afoot, but we'll save that for another day! =) But the countdown to their homecoming is well, well underway and I'm just hoping I don't explode from excitement in the next few weeks! In the meantime, M. is fighting what we sincerely hope is his last head cold of the deployment. As he said to me the other day, "Who knew you could get a cold when it's 100 degrees outside?!" True, true. But he's hanging in there, being fortified a steady regimen of Flonase and Sudafed and he's getting busier and busier at work by the day...and counting down the days which are going faster and faster as we speak!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited for you guys!! I will be praying for a smooth, healthy, safe return home. YAY!!!

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This website is privately operated and is designed to provide personal information, views and commentary about the author's experiences in Iraq and elsewhere. The images depicted and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and contributors and not those of any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, or the United States Army Reserve. The site is not designed, authorized, sanctioned, or affiliated, by or with, any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, or the United States Army Reserve. Users accept and agree to this disclaimer in the use of any information accessed in this website. partypoker
slots