Monday, September 18, 2006

Yeee...it's almooost overrrr!

But not...just...yet! Almost, though! In case you're still keeping count, M. has been away for 345 days. Wow. It's gone slowly, so slowly in fact that sometimes I never thought we'd be here, never thought I'd see 96% of 'Your Time in the Desert' in the green, rather than the red. But here it is, finally, the last couple of weeks. It's not been too difficult to be distracted: we're both very busy with work, M. in particular as their replacements have now arrived in theater, so they're working hard to make the transition of authority a smooth process for all involved. M. is looking forward to coming home, and we're finally starting to believe that this really is just right around the corner... Will keep you posted with more updates as the big homecoming day approaches in the coming weeks! Next milestone: M. moves out of his trailer and into a tent. And no, I have absolutely NO idea what number move this is for poor M.! I lost count at about #3...I'm not even sure HE'S completely sure how many different locations he's called 'home' this year! But short of being in Kuwait, and then home in his own bed, next stop is tent city here in a week or so. And I think he's welcoming the change of scenery because it means their departure from Iraq is not far away at all...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just can't get enough of looking at the marks on the calendar, counting down the days! We just want this month to be OVER!!!

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once told you not to wish your life away--but go ahead! It's time for him to be HOME!!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This website is privately operated and is designed to provide personal information, views and commentary about the author's experiences in Iraq and elsewhere. The images depicted and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and contributors and not those of any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, or the United States Army Reserve. The site is not designed, authorized, sanctioned, or affiliated, by or with, any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, or the United States Army Reserve. Users accept and agree to this disclaimer in the use of any information accessed in this website. partypoker
slots