Sunday, March 05, 2006

Back to the Desert

So, as many of you already know, M. (thankfully!) made a safe return to Iraq late last week. Things were a little slow during his first days back, which was good: it gave him a little time to get rested up. And, as it turns out, he also had some time to catch up with Holiday the flamingo! As you might have noticed, Holiday was nowhere to be found around Valentine's Day. Granted, M. and I were pretty busy enjoying our vacation in Garmisch around that time, so I wasn't really paying attention...but now that I think about it, it was a little weird that I didn't get a report. Now, I think we've discovered why! Turns out that I wasn't the only one who had a visitor for Valentine's Day! Meet Francine, the flamingo. Ah, who knew: love was in the air in Iraq, too! (And Francine would like to say a special thank you to Molly's mom for arranging her trip overseas!) So, it's back to the desert for M. I loved every minute of having him here with me: I just wish he could have stayed much, much longer! And, I'm counting the days, hours and minutes until he comes home again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem quite fair that Francine and Holiday are together and you two are kept apart. However, Francine doesn't seem like the ski-bunny type, so Garmisch probably wasn't a good plan! We're all counting down until M. is home!

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This website is privately operated and is designed to provide personal information, views and commentary about the author's experiences in Iraq and elsewhere. The images depicted and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and contributors and not those of any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, or the United States Army Reserve. The site is not designed, authorized, sanctioned, or affiliated, by or with, any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, or the United States Army Reserve. Users accept and agree to this disclaimer in the use of any information accessed in this website. partypoker
slots