Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Well Done, M.!

I got my copy of the monthly newsletter from M.'s unit yesterday...fresh off the printing press and straight into my inbox! There were the usual things...promotion notices, birthday reminders, dates for the next bake sale. I also perused the updates for each squad...and lo and behold, M. got a lil' shout out from LTC K. for his work helping their squad. Talk about becoming a boldface name: it was just like reading Page Six! (Ahem, except maybe a little more professional!) Anyway, it went a little something like this: "Greetings from Camp X., Iraq! The deployment has been moving forward smoothly for 1st squad. The squad has worked hard to provide an outstanding facility to our four footed clients. Through 1LT M.'s hard work and KBR’s outstanding workmanship, we now have [a whole bunch of awesome supplies!] that any of the [facilities] back home in Germany would be proud to have." I know that M. has received lots of compliments on his hard work, especially with the unit's recent move to their new location. But it's not every day that a compliment comes from LTC K., and it's definitely not every day that I get to hear them back here at home, and it made my day. Well done, M.: I'm proud of ya!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can second those sentiments here in Flowery Branch, too, M! Were we surprised that you worked so hard? Naw....

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Work ethic wasn't something I doubted when I met you M! I'm just glad someone noticed!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This website is privately operated and is designed to provide personal information, views and commentary about the author's experiences in Iraq and elsewhere. The images depicted and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and contributors and not those of any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, or the United States Army Reserve. The site is not designed, authorized, sanctioned, or affiliated, by or with, any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, or the United States Army Reserve. Users accept and agree to this disclaimer in the use of any information accessed in this website. partypoker
slots